One of the hardest parts of my pregnancy was making sure I was drinking enough water and eating the suggested amount of leafy green vegetables. Drinking 64 ounces of water each day was a challenge, and this little baby of mine loved to reject all green, healthy foods immediately upon consumption. Thankfully, I found a solution towards the beginning of my third trimester: a delicious mango kale smoothie. I’m thinking this was successful as the flavor of the kale was masked by the sweet mango chunks….and this child sure loved his sweets!
This smoothie is quick, super affordable, and extremely healthy–win, win, and win!
- 1 cup of fresh kale
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut water
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 pinch of unsweetened coconut shavings (garnish)
- 1 pinch of flaxseed (garnish)
- Remove any stems from your kale leaves and add the kale to your blender.
- Add the frozen mango chunks, coconut water, and flaxseed in the blender.
- Lock in the blender pitcher and secure the top.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth (you should not see any noticeable chunks of mango and kale).
- Pour the mixture into the desired container and top with unsweetened coconut shavings and flaxseeds.