I don’t know about y’all, but for me there is nothing like lounging on the couch with a large bowl of salsa and a party-sized bag of salty Tostitos. Fresh salsa has always been one of my favorite snacks–not only is it spicy and tangy, but it’s also healthy (which is a major plus)! I always strive to have guilt-free snacks on hand, and this recipe is perfect if you need to whip up something quick!
- (2) 14 oz. cans of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- (1) Medium Diced Yellow Onion
- (2) Tbsp of Green Pepper Tabasco Sauce
- (2) Tbsp of Lime Juice
- (1/4) Cup of Diced, Fresh Cilantro
- (2) Cloves of Minced, Fresh Garlic
- (1) Pinch of Salt
- (1) Pinch of Ground Pepper
- Mixing Spoon
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium-sized Storage Container with Lid
- 1/4 Measuring Cup
- Knife for preparing onions, cilantro, and garlic
- In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes (undrained), diced onion, Tabasco sauce, lime juice, 1/2 of the diced cilantro, and the minced garlic.
- Lightly stir the mixture and toss into a blender. Lightly pulse the mixture to the desired consistency (I like my salsa a bit on the chunkier side!).
- Pour the salsa into a medium-sized storage container and add the salt, pepper, and remaining diced cilantro. Stir to mix the spices evenly.
- Add a cover to the storage container and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and serve.